In this post, we’re going to be showing you how to easily obtain a Seychelles Visa even if you are from Nigeria. Keep reading to learn more.
About Seychelles Visa
Seychelles, unknown to many is Country located in the eastern coast of Africa. On first hearing the name, It’s not immediately associated with Africa. It sounds like a European country to be honest.
Typically, Seychelles operates on a visa-free policy for many nationalities, thereby allowing visitors to enter without a visa for a certain period of time.
Some of the countries that didn’t require a visa to visit Seychelles for tourism purposes and could stay for up to 90 days are the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, most European Union countries, and many others.
For travelers from countries like Nigeria that are not exempt from visa requirements, a visa can typically be obtained upon arrival at the Seychelles International Airport or through the Seychelles diplomatic missions abroad.
Typical issues with obtaining Seychelles Visa from Nigeria
Like all Visa applications, there’s bound to be some sort of hard hill to climb. With Seychelles Visa, the situation, though better than those of USA, UK or Canada, comes with its own brand of headaches and they are:
- Eligibility: While Seychelles has a visa-free policy for many nationalities, citizens of certain countries may still require a visa. As Nigeria is not exempted from visa requirements, you will need to apply for a visa before traveling to Seychelles.
- Documentation: Applying for a visa usually requires specific documentation, such as a valid passport, completed application forms, passport-sized photographs, travel itinerary, proof of accommodation, and sufficient funds to cover your stay. Not providing the required documents or submitting incomplete forms can result in delays or visa rejections.
- Application process: The visa application process can sometimes be time-consuming and involve multiple steps. It may include submitting an online application, scheduling an appointment, paying visa fees, paying Visa Agents and providing supporting documents. If you’re not familiar with the process or encounter technical difficulties, it could lead to delays or complications.
- Previous immigration or travel history: If you’ve been a Bad Boy with a history of immigration violations, criminal records, or previous visa rejections, you may well face additional scrutiny when applying for a Seychelles visa from Nigeria.
- Changes in visa policies: Visa policies can change over time, so it’s crucial to stay updated on the latest requirements. What was applicable for a Seychelles visa in 2018 is definitely not what’s applicable in 2023. You always have to keep up to date on the latest happenings on these affairs.
Requirements for Seychelles visa from Nigeria
Now that you’re aware of all the problems you could face in your quest to Japa from Nigeria to Seychelles, now let’s breakdown all you need to get ready to be able to apply for a Visa to this country:
- Completed application form: You will need to fill out a visa application form accurately and completely. The form can typically be obtained from the official website of the Seychelles Department of Immigration or from the Seychelles embassy or consulate in Nigeria.
- Valid passport: Your passport should be valid for at least six months beyond the intended date of departure from Seychelles. It should also have at least two blank pages for visa endorsements.
- Passport-sized photographs: You may be required to submit two recent passport-sized photographs with your visa application. The photographs should meet the specifications set by the Seychelles authorities, such as size, background color, and other stipulated appearance guidelines.
- Proof of accommodation: No one wants a Bum living on the streets of their country, much less a Nigerian Bum. So therefore, you may be asked to provide evidence of your accommodation arrangements in Seychelles, such as hotel reservations or an invitation letter if staying with friends or family.
- Financial muscle: You will most likely be required to provide proof of sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your stay in Seychelles. This can include bank statements, sponsorship letters, or any other document demonstrating your financial capability. Thankfully, there are some Nigerian agencies that offer Proof-of-funds as a service to travelers.
- Travel insurance: It is advisable to have travel insurance that covers medical expenses and emergency evacuation during your visit to Seychelles. Providing a copy of your travel insurance policy or certificate may be required.
- Visa fee: And finally the most annoying one – the non-refundable visa application fee that you need to pay when submitting your application. The fee amount can vary, so it’s important to check the current fee structure.
Latest: Seychelles Bans Nigerians
News reaching us as at just yesterday report that the country of Seychelles has officially banned Nigerians with a Nigerian Passport from entering their borders. This comes months after Dubai also issued a similar notice to our dear compatriots.
It’s an irony isn’t it? That as much as we yearn to leave the shores of this “great” country, some of the most popular destinations for Nigerians are closing their doors on us, thereby resigning us to our fate.
The temporary Solution
Not able to obtain a Seychelles Visa from Nigeria because of the recent Ban? You can always explore some of our most captivating local destinations by booking a Holiday package with TravelRichee. You’ll swear that some of our locations feel just like visiting a foreign country.
Also, in case you need assistance with renewing your International Passport or applying for a new one, we boast of one of the fastest and most stress-free turnaround times in the country. Find out about our Passport Services here.